Monday, September 29, 2008

The Beginning

Well...I have always wanted to write a blog as it seems like one the hip things to do these days. I have contemplated a movie blog for some time in addition to writing about my personal life in a blog. I decided against the personal blog simply because of its intimacy and I did not want to bore anyone who happened to come across my blog with the everyday trivialities of my life...

It has been suggested to me to write movie reviews as movies are definitely one of my top hobbies. I watch movies...constantly. I even wrote a few reviews for some movies. I go to the movie theater every week to catch a movie to escape from the realities of life and to help calm my mind - but most of all I enjoy the theater for not only the film itself, but the popcorn and the previews.

Fair warning to all you readers out there...when it comes to reviewing movies, I am no Ebert. I am not a professional reviewer in any sense of the word. I just enjoy movies and there are not many out there that I do not like nor that I wouldn't watch. I tend to lean towards more commercial fare - those playing in the theaters currently. But I do enjoy some old school movies, i.e. anything with Humphrey Bogart. I am just a regular guy who enjoys movies either in the theater or on DVD...I much like many of you out there. I enjoy a good movie and enjoy much satisfaction from recommending a movie to a friend and having that friend enjoy the movie as much as I did, if not more!!!

Lastly, by all means, hit me up with any suggestions, recommendations, comments, trivia, or otherwise....

I hope you enjoy this blog as much as I know I will have writing it! Cheers!!!

No comments: