Monday, September 29, 2008

"The Kingdom" Movie Review

From October 2007...


Good evening friends and welcome back to a new Movie Review! The new movie I watched last night was "The Kingdom." This movie gets the Thumbs Up. Watch this movie you will not be disappointed. Two things about this movie that I liked: 1) The director and 2) the cast. Peter Berg directed this movie and I have been a huge fan a Berg since he started acting, I think, but not sure, his first film was "Shocker." Then I would see him here and there in movies like "Aspen Extreme" and "The Great White Hype" (which Jamie Foxx played in and is in this movie). Berg also directed "Friday Night Lights," one of my fave football movies. I have never been disappointed in anything Berg has done and he is getting better and better. This movie is a fine piece of work.

The cast: I have never been a big fan of Jamie Foxx. The three actors to watch in this movie are Chris Cooper, who is good in anything. I have been a fan of Cooper since his role as the maniacal arsonist in one of the most underrated movies ever, "Money Train." And don't miss Cooper in "Breach" in which he has a commanding presence in.

Jason Bateman is the second actor to watch; I have been a huge fan of his ever since he starred in the classic TV show, "It's Your Move." Not only is he good with some of the comic relief in this film, but he is in one of the most intense scenes I have ever had the privilege to watch on celloloid. I mean this scene is just ridiculous and Jason Bateman pulls it off like the ultimate badass...he was kicking ass with his hands hand-cuffed....Let me stop, but is definitely in consideration for one of my fave fight scenes. I am telling you, hands were clapping when the scene was over and it is rare for me to hear clapping in a theater that is not play Star Wars or the Matrix.

And the third actor to watch in this film is Ashraf Barhom who plays the Saudi colonel who partners with Foxx's character. Does a great job.

Also watch for cameos by director Berg and country singing legend Tim McGraw (who also played in "Friday Night Lights"). Great, intense movie over all and definitely worth the money spent to watch it.

I did also catch a movie called "In the Valley of Elah" last week. Depressing, intense mystery but one I would call important to watch considering our country's foreign policy. And Tommy Lee Jones is legendary in this movie. Also, one thing I want to point out in ref to Jones, my friend,an aficionado as well, recommended to me a movie called, "The Three Burials of Melquiades Estrada." This is one of the best movies I have ever saw that I did not seek out on my own.

Shout out to my good friend and partner, "The Hitman" who is about to go downrange again. Great hanging with you a few weeks ago.

TRIVIA: Al Gore went to Harvard....who was his roommate while a student in Harvard?????

Hit me up with a questions, comments, or trivia. Thanks for taking the time to read. Cheers!!!

No comments: